We will be using Python for all programming projects. Here are some resources to get you started:
- Short tutorial by Hal Daume
- Python Tutorial
- Python Docs
- Numpy Tutorial (tentative)
- Numpy User’s Guide
- Scipy docs
- IPython docs
- Jupyter notebooks
- To install Bipython
- Carl Kingsford’s lecture slides
- R/Bioconductor: R is an open-source environment for data analysis. The Bioconductor project provides a large number of useful libraries for high-throughput genomic data analysis. You can browse them by task
- R/Python references: A short R guide for Python users.
- Scitable is an excellent resource provided by the journal Nature providing introductory reading material on most of the topics in biology/genetics/medicine we discuss in class.
- Diez, Barr and Cetinkaya-Rundel. OpenIntro Statistics. 2011 A good introductory Statistics textbook. You can download it here..
- Rafael Irizarry’s lecture videos are good to watch.